I have a serious problem. It’s sugar. It’s a real and true addiction, and I’m ready to conquer it!
So for the last two nights I’ve been trolling the internet doing research on how to kick this deceptive little habit, and I’m in desperate need of help, guys!
It’s so bizarre, because I really don’t crave sweets during the day. It’s at night, when I’m chilling on my loveseat by myself-and I guess the loneliness kicks in or something- that I get this NEED to snack. And then I gorge. I wish I could say that I have some self-control, but I literally snack until I’m just about sick to my stomach.
It’s this horrible, gluttonous compulsion that just takes over! And I’m sick of it! Not only is it awfully unhealthy (physically and emotionally), but like most addictions- it’s EXPENSIVE!
A few of the suggestions I’ve read about to kick the sugar habit:
- Dill oil on the insides of the wrists when I get a craving
- Drink water. (Apparently when I want a chocolate chip cookie, I really want water. I’m all about hydrating, but I call BS on that one)
- Cold turkey. (Tried it. It worked for a day. Then I was desperate for my nightly snack. You can guess how that turned out)
- “Healthy” sweets. (I love fruit. I still want chocolate when I’m done.)
- Lower calorie snacks. (Been there. I convince myself that since it has fewer calories, I can eat more.)
- When you get a craving, do some crunches. The craving will pass. << That one just makes me giggle!
I should add that I don’t want to quit sugar completely. I promise that I will never, ever, EVER cut sugar out of my coffee. Or baking. I just desperately want to quit those nightly snacks! Did you know there are people who don’t even care for sweets that much? I’m so envious of those people!
Am I hopeless? Have I tried everything there is to try? How do I just suck it up and do what needs to be done? When I was in my 20s, I didn’t snack at night. Granted, I had things like cookies and peanut butter cups for breakfast…And as much as I would consider that now as an option, I do prefer something more filling for breakfast these days!
I’m determined! I’m willing to learn! I’m just a little bit desperate!! haha 🙂
My question for y’all: Do you have ANY thoughts on how to kick this addiction?? Have you been through this situation? What worked for you?
Bring on the tough love!
Shout out of the day:
Poland! (thanks for visiting!)
Also, I want to wish my daddy a HAPPY 63rd BIRTHDAY! (It was yesterday, but still…)
(This picture is really old, but that’s okay ♥)
*Fun Fact: That picture I have for “sugar” was an actual “chocolate party” we had for a supervisor at my last job! Chocolate EVERYTHING…