Last year I wrote a post called One Word To Live By. The idea was to choose a word- just one- that would be your focus for the new year. Last year, my word was “Believe.” I liked the idea of having a word, or theme, to frame my year around rather than resolutions.
So how did it work out?
Well…I’d say I hit a solid 62% with it. I excelled in school. I made connections. And I’ve started plotting out a plan for my future (sort of). The rest? It’s a work in progress 🙂
I still love the idea though, so I want to do it again for 2016.
So what’s my word for 2016…?
I want to make 2016 the year I focus on my self and my needs and my wants.
- I want to reconnect with my spirituality
- I want to focus on my health and really work to get to the root of my problems
- I want to be open to opportunities to work towards my best life
- I want to be mindful of my fitness and self-image
- I want to do things that make me happy
- I want to let myself succeed without standing in my own way
I think we’re conditioned to believe that “selfish” is a negative word, but I think it’s a necessary element to a fulfilling and happy life.
So in 2016, I will be mindfully selfish.
If you read my post from a few days ago, you know that 2016 is going to be a year of changes for me. Most of them are inevitable, but good change will only come about if I take the matter into my own hands and focus on SELF.
Have a happy, healthy New Year, and if you’re getting out to celebrate tonight, be safe out there! ♥
What word will you live in for 2016?